Thursday, September 28, 2006

I Don't Want to Take a Nap!

Here is Ethne sleeping on her mom’s shoulder (notice the pony tail sticking up in the air.) She really looks wiped out but when Aimee put her down for a nap, Ethne woke right up. Why is it that children fight napping when it makes them and us so much happier? I don’t think we ever outgrown this tendency of not really knowing what’s best for us. So often we are ruled by what we want not by what we really need.

Then again, maybe the problem is that we are not wise enough to know what we need. Or maybe, we confuse our needs and wants. I’m so thankful that God isn’t confused. That His thoughts are higher than mine and that He is faithful to do what is best for me even when I don't think I want or need what He’s offering!

No comments: