Friday, June 09, 2006

My Favorite Blog

I've just started to blog and so far my favorite site is: likealittlebean.blogspot.com, because it is all about my granddaughter, Ethne. (Chances are it will remain my favorite, you should check out the wonderful pictures, my son-in-law is a gifted photographer.)
The other day Ethne wanted to get up on the sofa. I went to get her little stool, intending to show her how to use it to climb up by herself. She didn't understand that I was helping her and had a major fix. It was as good as a tantrum from a 2 year-old, even though she's only 16 months. I couldn't explain, she wasn't listening, she was arching her back and screaming.
Sometimes I'm like that with God. He's trying to teach me something that will make my life easier. Offering a little insight. Instructing me on a better way to do things. But I'm so busy being mad that He won't do what I want Him to do, so frustrated that He is refusing to do things my way, that I miss the chance to improve.
I finally just picked Ethne up and put her on the sofa. She was so happy, but I felt sort of sad.

1 comment:

Leann said...

She is ADORABLE!!!!!