Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Clay Pot

I hate to disappoint people. Especially when what they’ve asked me to do might impact lives. My passion is to communicate the love of God to others. To speak and write in refreshing ways about timeless truths.

So far I’ve written 2 of 3 assigned articles for a web site. After scrapping my first attempts, and submitting new articles with a fresh angle, I still fell short of providing what the editors wanted.

Do you ever battle discouragement? Thoughts that you really don’t have much to offer? Makes me want to forfeit my pay check and withdraw my offer to write a third piece.

Funny, the Lord was talking to me today about one of my favorite verses. 2 Cor. 4:7 "Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us."

This morning that verse filled me with delight because it says God chose to fill me, just a simple earthen vessel, with His power. I felt strong. I knew I was called to write. Now, the verse is reminding me of the fact that I’m just a clay pot, dependent on a power not my own, to fill me and pour out from me, to offer anything lasting.

I read this quote, attributed to sculptor Henry Moore, in a little book, Chosen By God, published by Harrison House. “The secret of life, is to have a task, something you do your entire life, something you bring everything to, every minute of the day for your whole life. And the most important thank is: It must be something you cannot possibly do.”

That is me and writing. A clay pot, yearning to be filled with the extraordinary power of God, so that His voice will be heard in my writing. “Please Lord, fill me. I don’t want to fail You.”

1 comment:

Leann said...

I am so glad you are blogging! I have missed you so much on Tuesday mornings and now I get a little dose of one of my favorite people when you write here. This really blessed me today!!! Thank you... :)