Monday, August 14, 2006

The notes rise to heaven

I have a friend named Nancy who is going through a really hard time. They bought a huge house and each day since they moved in they have discovered more and more problems with the house. The worst is an illegal septic system. It seems the previous owners simply pumped their raw sewage into the irrigation canals (they live in the valley where they have irrigation rights from the Rio Grande.)

In their haste they didn’t have an inspection preformed. Now they are stuck with mounting bills and the stress of deciding if they should take legal action for non-disclosure. As you can imagine this is very stressful on their family and marriage. I’m telling you this for two reasons, first to ask you to join me in praying for her. Also, I thought you’d be encouraged by what she told me. “When I get too discouraged I get out my Clarinet and play, "I surrender all" on the porch. I can just picture her there, playing, pouring out her heart to the Lord through music and the notes forming prayers that rise to the heavens and push back the injustice and suffering in her world, allowing the grace of God to fill her heart.

No comments: