Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Snow and other amazing things



It really snowed here today—great big juicy flakes, floating down through a grey malnourished sky. Craig was home after a short day of surgery and we had a fire going. We both think it would be wonderful if he could keep earning what he makes without having to work!

I took the ornaments off the tree, but that’s all I’ve done as far as putting away Christmas decorations. I have to mentally prepare myself since it requires two full days of work which includes a lot of climbing up and down on our 16 foot ladder and bending low to get in and out of our storage area.

Besides having snow, another amazing occurrence is that I’ve finally begun to rewrite my novel. I’m using a workbook by Donald Maass title, Writing the Breakout Novel. I’m hoping it will help me to stay focused and improve this story.

Writing is fun, but it is also very hard work and I’m too good at avoiding it. But it’s a new year and so I’m making a new start. In a few weeks, if you want to, you can politely ask me how I’m doing. I’ve given you permission to keep me accountable and that is hard for me to do, but there it is, if you want to ask, go ahead.

I’m having fun helping Amy and Eric as they begin to plan their wedding. We found some gorgeous gold plates to use as the centerpieces on the tables at the reception. The other morning I awoke very early with my mind is full of wedding ideas and finally had to get up and find a notebook to record all the thoughts.

No comments: