Sunday, March 08, 2009

Family Matters






It's been a hard week for our family. Robert (Aimee's husband) was admitted to the hospital on Monday. He had surgery for Testicular cancer, then found it had spread to his liver and lungs. I flew to help care for the girls so Aimee could care for Robert. The Lord is upholding us and we are believing for a full recovery yet preparing to face the challenges of the battle.

The pictures show the girls visiting daddy in the hospital and him making a funny face. Emeline holding her daddy's foot and the girls painting. I flew home with the girls on Saturday. Please be praying for this situation.

Sara and her three kids flew in last night so we have five ages four and under to fill our home with noise and our hearts with joy.

I guess I've held a lot. When we got to church and began to sing and people started to hug me and say they we're praying, I broke down. It felt really good to grieve and as a wise person has said, "if you can't cry in church, then where?" When we got home I had a nice nap and afterward felt so much better.

Love to all, Sue

5 comments:

Dane and Megan Barrett said...

Hey Sue,

This is Dane. I talked to John Moyle recently and afterwards I thought of your family and Aimee. Curious to see how life was going for you all I did a little google search and your blog came up. When I read this terrible news I was heart broken. I know things must be difficult for you all right now. Please know that I am praying for Robert and Aimee, as well as the rest of your family. I'll be praying especially for God's healing for Robert. As a med student I've already seen God do some incredible things and I hope he does the same for your son-in-law. Take care and God bless.

Dane

Grammy Sue said...

Hi Dane!
It's great to hear from you and to be in touch again. I responded on your blog site, but also wanted to comment here in case you don't check that often. If you want to keep updated on the journey that Robert and Aimee are on, go to: http://www.carepages.com/carepages/robertfeuille
Blessings,
(Grammy) Sue

Dane and Megan Barrett said...

Sue,

Hi! Thanks for sharing your January 13th post as well as the carepage. In regards to your post, I liked the verse you shared. That's the process I am going through right now, trying to let go and be overshadowed instead of overwhelmed. My wife and I are trying to figure out where to apply for residency next year, which has proved taxing given the fact that we are trying to couples match. This, in addition to all of the other daily activities we have going on has challenged us (me) to trust more fully in God's sovereign grace. It seems I am constantly learning to allow the lamp to guide my feet and trust in God's leading.
As for the carepage, thank you for sharing this. It was extraordinarily encouraging to read some of the updates and to know that things are going well with them given the circumstances. I have been especially encouraged by their mutual strength and peace throughout this process. The mark of God's love is evident in their lives! We will continue to be in prayer for them throughout his recovery.
Things seem busy with you and 5 little ones under 5! I'm sure you are thoroughly enjoying the controlled chaos. Take care and blessings to you and your family!
Dane

Grammy Sue said...

Dane
I am praying for you and your wife and know the Lord will lead you to the right spot for residency.
Scott and Becky Johnson will be here next week for our Mission's Weekend. We're looking forward to our time and Craig's even taking off from work.
Blessings,
sue

Dane and Megan Barrett said...

Sue,

Please say hello to them for me! I've tried to email Scott once or twice over the last year, but I never heard back. From his newsletter he seems very busy, so its understandable. I hope your missions weekend goes well! God-willing, I'll be heading to Kenya in June to work with a cleft lip and palate team. I'm excited about this opportunity to serve! Take care,

Dane