Saturday, February 28, 2009





When I get back to El Paso late tomorrow night it will be 15 days since I've been able to sleep in my own bed. I'm looking forward to being home.
I left on Valentine's Day and arrived at The Cliff House at Pikes Peak, where I was greeted by 2 dozen roses from my sweet husband. I spent several days with 9 other writers, working hard on our novels. It was a very challenging and rewarding time.
Then, on to the 'Writing for the Soul Conference' at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. This was also a very intense time of learning about the craft of writing. Those attending were given free books, including the one pictured above (which Craig and I are both enjoying). While at the Cliff House, Jerry Jenkins gave us a lot of personal attention and has challenged each of us to excellence in our writing.
From there, I flew to Las Vegas to meet Craig for a medical conference. Our daughter, Sara, is here with her husband, Mike, and their youngest, Karissa (pictured). We've been eating really well and having a good time together.
Now, on to family news in need of prayer. Robert (our son-in-law) Aimee's husband, just had a cancerous testicular tumor removed this week. We are waiting for him to have a CAT scan to see what is required for treatment. Please be in prayer for him and for their whole family. Thanks so much.
Love to all. Sue

No comments: