Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Winner!

The votes are in, devotion #2 was the favorite. Thanks for letting me know your thoughts.

Today I shopped at Target. As always the total totally floored me. So as I walked away from the cash register, I carefully examined my receipt to see how those few items added up to so much. That's when I discovered I'd been under charged. Somehow the cashier had missed scanning in an item. It was about $15.00. I'm ashamed to say my first thought was, "I wish I'd just grabbed my receipt and gone home." Ugh. Sin is such a part of being human (even though I've been forgiven.)
Well, my second thought that came quickly after that ugly one was still not very pure. It was, "I'm leaving on a missions trip in two days, God surely won't bless me if I don't make this right." So I went to the customer service counter and handed the gal my receipt and explained that I owed money. She didn't act a bit surprised, which surprised me. I guess even in being obedient I wasn't pure hearted since I was hoping for at least a 'Why, thank you!' or maybe a joyful dance for the honest customer who didn't have to come back, but did. But there was no fanfare.
She simply took my money, just like that, just like it was the way things were suppose to work. I left with a clear conscience and mixed motives. "Cleanse my heart, O Lord, make it ever true, cleanse my heart O Lord, may I be like You."
Blessings to all.
Please pray for our team of 19 going to Scotland for a week long missions trip, then on to England for a Christian conference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How DO all those items that are such a "bargin" add up so quickly in target. I can never get out of their without spending too much money. It is one of the universal mysteries.