Wednesday, September 05, 2007

What my name is?





Do you remember being little and playing make-believe, dressing up or just pretending?

Ethne, at 2 ½ is the queen of pretend. You never know who she’ll be. The Princesses have been

ruling in her life and ours lately. On any given day she might be Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel or

Jasmine. The other day, when we were at the park and told her it was time to leave, she said, “Oh,

no! Not yet! I’m Pocahontas, running through the forest with John Smith.”



Then, yesterday, her Mommy bought her some new panties, these are decorated with the fairy

Tinkerbell. I don’t think Ethne had heard of this tiny creature with wings before, because all

day long she kept talking about wings and asking me, “What my name is?” It’s a very strange thing

for a Grammy to tell her granddaughter that her name is Tinkerbell, but if I would have said, “Ethne,”

I know she would have protested. Besides, I still like to have an excuse to pretend, don’t you?

No comments: