Thursday, September 13, 2007



We started back to Bible Study this week. These are the other ladies on the ‘Servant’s Team.’ Back row: Kellie, Karen, Debbie, Front row: Molly, Shelly Stephine, Kim






Here is Aimee on her 24th birthday.







I really think I should know better. Whenever I’m feeling guilty about the good things I should be doing, and how I ought to be spending my time, there’s a problem. The problem is that I really shouldn’t being doing those good things, because they are not the good works God has planned for my life and for me.

Do you have a ‘life verse’? Mine is Eph. 2:10. Here’s how it reads in the New Century Version, “God has made us what we are. In Christ Jesus, God made us to do good works, which God planned in advance for us to live our lives doing.”

Well, it’s up to me to follow His plan, not make my own. When guilt becomes the motivating factor, it’s a sure sign that I’m not following but leading. God’s not the one who accuses us, and makes us feel guilty, that’s the voice of the evil one. “You should be doing this,” “You ought spend time here,” “why aren’t you doing that?” Our heavenly Father’s voice is one of delight. When I’m doing what He’s designed for me to do, my heart says, “Oh goodie, I get to—.”

It took me months to identify the fact that what I was straining over accomplishing a certain assignment. I was miserable until I realized that every time I thought of that task I felt guilty. So I asked, “Lord have you asked me to do this thing?” “No, I’ve asked you to write and you are not writing.” He was right of course and I was set free. I’m so grateful for His longsuffering and kindness and for His voice of encouragement.

Blessings,

Sue

No comments: