Thursday, November 16, 2006

BACK FROM INDIA




Arriving, Pator Joel gives each of us a garland of flowers (Pastor Scott and his wife Becky)

.




People. That’s the reason I went to India and that’s what I’ll always remember. People. It’s the reason I came back home.

It’s good to be back and it was good to go. Today my new India friends called me to say they missed me. My husband says he missed me. Being missed is nice because it means there is a relationship and love.

My husband was in the hospital while I was gone. When I learned this it was really hard for me to be so far away. After all I vowed to be with him in sickness and health—and I wasn’t. The Lord carried us, but I am so thankful to be back here beside him. He says he feels better now, just because I’m home. I made breakfast for him this morning, this is very unusual it’s also proof that I missed him too.

So, my husband has hyper-thyroid, Graves disease. The good news is he’s lost weight, the bad news is I didn’t. Also, they’re killing off his thyroid and he’ll be on medicine, for the rest of his life. I’m thankful that there is treatment and that we can afford it.

There’s nothing like being away to make coming back wonderful. Will heaven be like that? Some days I long for that place. I wonder if when they check the book of life and see my name, if it will be like the customs agent looking at my passport and saying, “Welcome home.” Sweet words.

More details on India coming up next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAYAYAY!! You're back!! I missed you!

I can't wait to read all the tales you have to tell!

Connie said...

That must have been so hard! My Mom has Graves disease--was diagnosed about 10 yrs. ago. I'm glad he's feeling better.

I'm a grandma now. :)