Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A WITNESS

(This is a picture of the grass in my garden that turns pink in the fall -- even when it is still gets up to 90 degrees, as it did today.) Beauty reminds me that the Lord is still at work in our sinfilled world.





As the horror settles the world watches and sees how people of faith deal with the slaughter of their children. “As they struggle with the slayings, the Amish in this Lancaster County village are turning the other cheek, urging forgiveness of the killer and quietly accepting what comes their way as God's will.”

People of faith have resources to deal with tragedy. And it not the fact that they have faith but that they have faith in Someone who is real and close and concerned, Someone who suffered for our sins and now lives to pray for us in our times of need.

“Lord Jesus, make me faithful—everyday in the joys and struggles life, and if a day of unimagined pain should come, may I find myself in faithfully proclaiming your Sovereignty and accepting what comes my way as Your will for my life. And may the witness of these brothers and sisters who are trusting you in their pain, soften hearts, proclaim your Wisdom and bring many to true faith. Amen.”

No comments: