Friday, July 31, 2009

We are His workmanship


This is our two grandsons Ben and Caleb (holding up hot dogs wrapped in foil)
We are His workmanship

For the second time this year, the Lord has shown me something new about my life verse. This is amazing to me since I’ve meditated on this verse since my teenage years and believe me they were a long time ago.
So, here it is, “We are his workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works which he has preordained for us to walk in.” Eph. 2:10.
In an earlier Blog I talked about how I suddenly saw that the word ‘walk’ and realized that the good works God’s arranged for me to do are just like walking. They are everyday acts of service to my family and being polite in traffic and watching what I eat. Nothing flashy or noticed by others, just simple works of walking in faithfulness every single day.
Okay. Now, to this new one. It’s the words, ‘we’ and ‘us.’ I’ve always applied this verse to myself, to my life, my calling, my purpose. But the good works I’m called to walk in have to do with others. Me—relating to and working with and being a part of His body. Bringing my gifts to my sisters and brothers, local and worldwide. Being faithful in my connections, intentional in my relationships. He’s designed us to function together, to do His work side-by-side and hand-in-hand.
There is more. . . (continued on next post)

No comments: