Friday, January 16, 2009

Lose those extra pounds!







These beautiful pictures were taken by our son, Josh, who lives in Indiana! Caleb really wanted to go out and play, but only lasted about five minutes (it hurts to look at him.)



Like many others, January is when my husband and I make an attempt to shed the extra pounds we’ve gained. We increase exercise and decrease our calories. Since we’re not feeding a family any more our trick for dinnertime portion and calorie control is to buy frozen meals (on sale, of course) that are 300 calories or less (we really like the Lean Cuisine and Weight Watchers). No sweets! This works well for us. In addition, here are my current favorite hints and recipes.
1. Sweet–Pea Guacamole
1 bag frozen peas (thawed or partial thawed)
1 medium (ripe) avocado
Salsa ½ - 1 cup
Combine in food processor and add garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper. This is a yummy dip for fresh veggies for afternoon snacks.
2. Cream-cheese and olive spread
1 carton of fat free cream-cheese
1 small jar of green stuffed olives, chopped
Mix and enjoy on 1 slice of whole grain toast for a great lunch (this dip can also be used with veggies)
· Use fat free half and half
· If you use flavored creamer use half as much along with fat free half and half.
· When I’m really craving sweets I eat a Certs mint or chew up a flavored Tums! (They are mostly calcium).
I know it’s not my usual post but maybe someone will find it helpful (or send me your hints!) Blessings to all, Sue

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Thanks,I will try your recipe's. As for the increased exercize, my husband claims you don't have to exercize every day,only on the days you eat!???