Monday, March 24, 2008

To the young moms

(Here are 4 of our grandchildren, ready to go to church to celebrate that Jesus is alive! From L-R, Emeline, Cameron, Kayla and Ethne)















This is to thank the young moms that I know. Three are extra special, my daughters, Sara and Aimee, and daughter-in-law, Shawna.
I'd forgotten how hard it is to be a good mom of little children, how hard it is to be patient and kind, understanding and just. But Sara and her two little ones are staying here this week and that is helping me to remember. Remember being on-call to the needs of someone younger who doesn't care or understand if you have your own needs.
Then there's the constant feeding of little mouths that only like certain foods on the right type of plates, and tomorrow it won't be the same as it was today. I didn't understand about leaving the peel on the banana so that fingers wouldn't get messy and that was nearly heart-breaking to one little guy that I love. But I can be taught. Now I know how to serve his banana. And just in case I might forget, he is sure to explain it to me, in words that I can grasp, each time he makes his request.
I want to please these little ones. I want to make life easy for them and for their moms. I can help some, but the fact remains that this is not easy. Being a good parent is about the most difficult job ever invented, mainly because it requires unselfishness, doing what's best for others and putting their needs ahead of your own--all of the time--at every hour--day and night.
I love you girls for loving my grandchildren so well. Thank you.
"Lord God, bless these little children and the parents who are raising them. Give them wisdom from your heart to theirs, strength that is supernatural, and most of all, joy in the process. So they can delight in the wonder of these little ones, who they are and who they are becoming. Amen."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sue, all of us moms needed to hear that, it sure can be rough here in the trenches but there is no place else I would rather be!!
Kellie

D. Gudger said...

Hi Sue, I'm writing on behalf of the CO Christian Writers Conference - Marlene asked me to browse the web for links to the Colorado conference. I notice you have a link to Write His Answer Ministries.

Would you be willing to add a specific link to the Colorado Conference?

wwww.writehisanswer.com/colorado

I couldn't find an e-mail so that's why I'm catching you on your blog.

Thanks!