Saturday, July 19, 2008

Burnt Toast

When our children were young and we still lived in San Diego, Craig's parents started a fun Saturday morning tradition. They picked up our little ones early in the morning, and took them to their home where they all enjoyed a 'Carbon Toast Party' where they dipped burnt toast into coffee before eating it. The idea of burnt toast is pretty awful and dipping it in coffee isn't very appealing and eating it is nearly criminal in my opinion. Yet, for the children and their grandparents it continues to be a sacred memory of fun times together. So, when Great-granddad and Great-grandmumps came for a visit over the fourth of July, the tradition continued with the great grandchildren. Here are movie #1 and movie #2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I got to your blog, I realized I was behind! Oh my! I remember the days your kids had toast and coffee with their grandparents. How wonderful family traditions are and it is the simply things we remember the most. Like having ice cream for breakfast or dinner. Love, kelly