Thursday, May 01, 2008

Readers Respond!


Hello, it’s me, long lost bloger (I almost wrote blooger which looks a bit like booger— whoops.) Can’t believe I’m going to post that, but why not? After days and days of no posting, at least it’s something.

Last time I posted was about the power of story. Today, I want to share something very precious. For the first time ever I have been contacted by readers about an article. This is amazing! It is humbling. I’ve heard from a woman named, Sherry, and I tried to respond to her by email but I don’t think she got the message. (Sherry if you read this please check your bulk folder for emails from me.) Anyway she liked the article enough to search and find my blog! Next, I got a letter, hoping that I was the Sue Cameron who wrote the article in Focus on the Family, from a dear 80 year-old brother named John. He tries to live each moment by asking Jesus for direction and then following what he hears! Wow. Also, I had a phone call from a lady here in town, and a man who lives near Atlanta. He is struggling with being too busy and carving out the time to sit at the feet of Jesus. I’ve never met any of these people face-to-face, but somehow we’ve connected. I can’t tell you how much it means to me to know that something I’ve written has touched someone’s heart. What a great and awesome privilege.

So, to all of you who check this blog from time to time and find it empty, I’m sorry. Thank you for your time and interest, I am honored by your attention and will try to be a better friend by writing more often. If you’d like to see the article you can find it HERE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, you are beautiful. I am excited for you and know how much your writing is a gift of God to you. Bless you my very dear friend. I am very proud of you.
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
I was at The Colorado Writer's Conference and almost got to talk with you, but did not. There are so many I wanted to connect with and you certainly were one. So Iv'e tracked you down! ☺ The worship dance you did on the last night broke strongholds in my life. I wept and Jesus held me. Thank you, thank you , thank you, for obeying His will and leading me to the throne. If you would like a worship dance partner next year, please let me know. I have felt called to that ministry for some time and have not found the connections. But regardless, I will never forget it. May God bless you abundantly. Please contact me at rleverett@gmail if you would like to respond.

Sue Durand said...

I was at CCWC and did get an opportunity to speak to you. You helped me immensely and have given me much to think about as I continue to write. Thank you so much for your willingness to give. Your article on self-discipline is so timely today, I had to let you know. Thanks so much.