Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Easier with a friend.

Today someone named Kate sent a comment asking me to keep writing down my thoughts on marriage. If any of you are writers you know that nothing will get you going like a bit of encouragement or someone who actually wants to read your stuff! So, thank you, Kate (you sweetie) for asking, now I just have to hope that I write something worth reading.

It’s the new year and my husband, Craig, and I are doing new things together. Good things, needful things but things that are hard to do alone. Specifically, we are dieting, using the BowFlex, and reading the Bible out loud (he reads, I listen.) I know it’s only January 9 but so far we’re doing great! In the process, I’m discovering, again, that I simply enjoy being with my husband. He’s my friend. It’s good to remember that one reason we married our spouse was because we liked him, enjoy being with him and knew life with him would always be better than life without him.

That reminds me of the wedding vow, “For better or worse.” I’ll post some short articles I’ve written on that topic. Hope you enjoy them and thanks for reading. Blessings to all, Sue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sue! Your words are so encouraging!