Tuesday, April 24, 2007

God's Handiwork


We’re back from London, what a great trip! It may seem strange to go all that way and then to choose to post pictures of flowers on my blog. No shots of Big Ben or Buckingham Palace (I do have some). Manmade edifices, even fabulous ones, just can’t compare with God’s handiwork.

I do have a funny story about the day we went to Kew Gardens, that’s where we saw these orange tulips—it’s a wonderful place.

As we prepared to pay to go in we questioned the lady at the ticket window about all the different options. We finally settled on our tickets and to confirm what I asked for she said, “One adult ticket?”

Thinking I was being clever I answered, “Did you ask that because I look so young you thought I might be a child?”

Puzzled she said, “No. We do have senior tickets as well.”

The nasty truth hit me that she was asking not because I looked young but because I didn’t! Oh my, it is so easy to interpret the world through our own viewpoint and so hard to see ourselves as others see us!

Well, now that the wedding is over (and the new marriage is started) and the trip to Europe is accomplished, I hope to be visiting you more often here.

In closing I have a wonderful blessing to share. The prayer CD I worked on (along with three others) are now available. Check it out at “Let’s Pray Today.

Blessings! Sue

No comments: