Wednesday, March 07, 2007

THANKS FOR PRAYING (update)!


(These are the earrnings we gave Ethne for her birthday. She liked them, but the magnets were too tight and hurt her ears.)




Thank you so much for praying for my trip to Georgetown, TX., to record the CD, “Let’s Pray Today! Praying for my husband and Marriage.” Here’s a short report.

Several days before leaving El Paso, my throat started to feel clogged and I began coughing and trying to clear it. My voice was weak and strained. Many prayed and I had a peace about just going ahead with the trip as planned. I arrived Sunday and met with Cathy, who is heading up the project, and one of the other authors. We had a photo session, hoping to get a good head shot for the back of CD cover. It was a blast.

Then we drove to the studio and walked around the property and prayed for God to surround the place with His angels and to keep the evil one away. I met Scott, a great and gentle man, who owns and operates the studio. That evening I read several of the prayers to my friend, Lisa (I stayed with her) and discovered there was too much material for the allotted time. I decided to cut out a lot of my extra ‘commentary,’ keeping the focus on the actual prayers.

On Monday, I awoke full of joy and excitement. I sensed the prayers that surrounded me. My throat still felt squeezed and my voice sounded raspy but Scot said, “Just pause and cough. Drink water whenever you need. Since it’s a digital recording I can easily cut out those parts.” So, I did.

The five prayers with introduction and conclusion took about 2 ½ hours to record (coughing and drinking water take a lot of time)! The ladies who were in the other room praying came out with tear-filled eyes saying that it was good. I’ll leave this determination to the Lord, I’m just so blessed to be a part of this and thankful that all went well.

Once finished, we drove to lunch. As soon as I got in the car I felt my throat clear—completely. The change was drastic. I told Lisa, “My voice is normal again!” She agreed. Whew! That’s when I knew how vital your prayers had been. Then, after lunch, Cathy returned to the studio to see how Scott was doing with the editing. She found him sweeping leaves and dirt out of the small room where I’d been sitting.

“What happened?” she asked.

“After you all left a huge gust of wind blew in with all these leaves and dirt and it even ripped the door of the hinge, and knocked some equipment over.”

So, you see how powerful and necessary your prayers were to protect us and to allow this work to go forward? I REALLY appreciate your time and concern and for the way you joined me in providing this resource to women.

“We bless your Name Lord Almighty for you alone have all authority over all powers! Thank you for protecting us and please watch over the rest of the recordings! Lord please bless those who took the time to pray for this project. Thank you for hearing and answering all of our prayers! Please use this CD to glorify your name and to bring your life into many marriages. Amen.”

I just want you all to know that Cathy and her husband Eric have committed to giving the potential profits of this project fully to missions. Isn’t that wonderful?

Thanks again,

Sue

No comments: